Saturday, October 01, 2016

Catitude! Background stitching part 2

I wanted to share another example of hand stitching on a background. This idea would be awesome with stars, circles, triangles, mickey icons....or any shape of punch you have.


  I began by hand cutting a heart from a scrap of paper but using a punched shape would be great. I traced around the heart with a pencil on my background. I was at a crop so I put the background paper on one of the firm cushion chairs so that I could puncture the holes.
 
Next I used Kreinik threads to stitch the hearts in colors that would coordinate with the papers I chose for my layout.

3 comments:

LyndaKay said...

Love the title. Great stitching.

Tracey said...

Loving the stitched hearts and the sparkly title! Fantastic!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

What a great idea for stitching those hearts!