Monday, July 04, 2016

It's all about paper

Today I am sharing 2 recent layouts and I have noticed that with less options for scrapbooking products and embellishments, I am creating my own embellishments more and more by paper piecing and fussy cutting from patterned papers. For my first layout I have used the gorgeous tropical DCWV Watercolor Stack and the background is DCWV Embossed White Stack. I used Sketch #170 from Sketch Savvy


I hand cut the sunshine from one of the papers, hand cut out a flamingo, and used my silhouette to cut out the palm frond and title from patterned papers.


My second layout uses some older Journey paper by Crate Paper and I used smaller pieces that I fringe cut. Its a great way to use up scraps and create texture and interest. I hand cut the feathers from one of the papers. I also decided to start trying to use my Cricut to cut more Disney characters for my pages so I cut out Meeko and the title. 



5 comments:

Inspiresavvy said...

You really inspire me about this stuffs.. Artistic..

Susanne said...

You do such a creative job on your own embellishments. I love the outline around that paper starburst, for example. Lovely details on both.

Madeline said...

OMGosh, this is adorable! Love the fringe!!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Gorgeous pages, Susan! Loving the fringe on that Pocahontas layout--so clever!

shutterbug18 said...

How did you do her name?