Sunday, June 07, 2015

a Recipe Challenge using Scraptastic June kits

Today I have a Scraptastic Blog Recipe challenge for you. No cooking I promise. Don't let the title scare you -- recipes can be fun, especially when they are scrapbook recipes! Jennie McGarvey and I created layouts using this fun challenge and you can check them out HERE and play along for a chance at the monthly prize. Seriously people no one has posted one yet so be the first! ;)

A scrapbook recipe is when you say use one of these, half of this, 4 of these, etc.  Do you get the idea?  Well, good!  Keep reading and we'll share with our recipe and what we created using these "ingredients".
Okay, so for your project make sure you use:
1 Cardstock
2 Photos
3 Die Cuts
4 Patterned Papers
5 Dimensional Embellishments (Flair, chipboard, acrylic, wood veneer, etc)

For my layout I used the awesome Can't Go Home Kit, Add on kit, and digital cut files. Here is the way I used the recipe: 1 white cardstock from my stash for the digital cut file airplane, 2 photos, 3 Die cuts (geotag, globe, and vellum camera), 4 patterned papers (one is the background light paper that looks like a piece of cardstock), 5 dimensional embellishments (chipboard stars, transparency star stitched on, chipboard arrow, and map brad. I also added my title in chipboard alphas.

LAX 

I have to point out the super cool vellum die cut camera because there are several in the kit, as well as the acrylic version. I used patterned papers behind the cut file for the whoosh behind the plane.

 
and one more close up because I love this cut file. 
 

No comments: