Monday, December 22, 2014

Oh Deer!

Today I want to show you some of the "Oh Deer!" collection by Fancy Pants from the Scraptastic Store. This cute collection has some refreshing non-traditional holiday colors. In addition to the great papers, I used the awesome Sequins and Flair, and the big pack of 3x4" and 4x6" cards. I don't really do the pocket style of scrapbooking very often, but I still love to buy the pocket sized cards for my layouts so I thought I would share some of the ways I like to use these cards when they aren't going in a pocket.

First I created a layout and used the Oh Deer card as part of the focus, but I punched snowflakes from the sides, stitched across the lower edge and I had to add a red sequin nose so he would match the deer in my yard. I mounted the card with foam tape for dimension so the snowflakes would show up a bit better.


 Supplies: Patterned Paper (Fancy Pants Designs, Oh Deer!, Wonder Paper), Cards (Fancy Pants Designs Oh Deer! Brag Cards ), Flair (Fancy Pants Designs, Oh Deer! Flair), Sequins (Fancy Pants Designs Oh Deer! Sequins), Chipboard Alphabet (Jillibean Soup Holly Berry Borscht Beanboard Alphas Wood Planks), Alpha Stickers (Elle's Studio Letter & Number Stickers Dark Gray )



You can probably see that the coral colored block is a 3x4" card and I cut a strip and put it directly below with an arrow shaped piece that I cut from a green card. The great thing about this card set is that it has quite a few that are like patterned paper blocks, but card weight and smaller scale prints. I cut the blue snowflake print flag from one of the 4x6" cards and the calendar is cut from one of the blocks as well.



After I finished my layout I decided that I should go ahead and make a mini card to use as a gift tag while I had all the cute products out. I used a 4x6" dotted card folded in half as the card shape, then I cut 1/8" from the edges of the "noel" card and punched the snowflake shape from the background like I had done with the layout. After adding a stitched edge and a sequin the little card tag is finished and only took about 2 minutes to complete. I can use it on a gift during the holidays, as a hidden journaling spot on a layout, or even in my December Daily album if I ever get started on that. :)

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Loving what you did with this collection!! Gorgeous work!!