Tuesday, August 12, 2014

New DCWV Melon Twist Stack

Today I want to share some really awesome new goodies from DCWV. First I have to start by saying that my photos are just terrible today with the direct sunlight. I could not get the gold to photograph properly unless I tilted it just right.

I used a bunch of New goodies from DCWV, starting with New Melon Twist Stack of patterned papers, some are embossed with shimmery light glitter gloss and some have texture embossed designs that are really nice but I didn't really get that part to show since my layers are hidden.


I also used three of my very favorite new 6x6" DCWV stacks of specialty paper. The gold dot vellum is from the Foiled Vellum Stack - my fave stack ever! Then I hope you can see the woodgrain embossed texture of the white piece from the White Embossed Stack.
And lastly I used the new Printed Burlap Stack. I really like the tiny white dots. If you look at the strip below I used some scissors to cut fringe, but not the fringe scissors I have seen around. I found a inexpensive pair of Herb Scissors by Ball - you know, like the canning people (found at walmart for $8!) and it cuts fantastic, even thru burlap! 
Oh and this super cute doily stamp is from one of the past Scraptastic Club and I heat embossed on vellum like I always do. 


And here are the scissors and the blade guard that comes with them

3 comments:

BSI said...

Susan your work is amazing. TFS :)

crimsoncat05 said...

beautiful layout! and the herb scissors, what a great idea, both for cutting fringe, and for cutting herbs!! I need to look for some of those.

Unknown said...

looks beautiful!