Wednesday, May 15, 2013

50 Years *Scraptastic Club May kit

I know I said this already but this months Scraptastic Club "After the Storm" kit and add on kit are awesome! I just love these papers and embellishments. You just have to CLICK HERE to take a look at the kit.

This month at Scraptastic, we are challenging ourselves to scrap a few of our older photos so I pulled a few from our Disney trip in '05. I decided to add a piece of light grey cardstock from my stash for this layout because my photos were taken when it was very overcast and I wanted them to really show up. During the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, Cinderella's castle at the Magic Kingdom in DisneyWorld was just beautiful with all of the floral swags and characters all in gold. I took a few close ups because I knew it was only there for the year.

For a bit of fun I have added stamped stars from the "After the storm" stamp set to my background and I heat embossed with white. I also embossed the "take note" from that same set on the grey tag for my journaling. Then I have added Basic Grey Candy Buttons from the kit just scattered with the stars. I wanted a bit of gold so I covered the chipboard numbers with gold craft glitter from my stash and also added a couple of dots of glue and glitter with the Candy Buttons.






3 comments:

Debbie P said...

Absolutely gorgeous! We went to Disneyland during the 50th anniversary. But that decor on the WDW castle looks amazing! Beautiful job!

Wendy said...

The papers are fabulous and perfect for this layout! Awesome photos and layout. I'd love to see this as a sketch. ;-)

Christy said...

These papers are awesoem and you did a kick butt job putting it all together! LOVE that little mickey...is he made of brads?