Monday, October 01, 2012

My Paper Weight *CSI: Case file no. 39

I loved the colors and inspiration so much this week at CSI: Case File no.39 and I couldn't resist playing along. There is even a sketch from Nadia at Once Upon a Sketch and you will just love it. See the full challenge and sketch HERE.

For my layout I used some pretty My Mind's Eye papers, cardstock daisies that I cut out with my cricut, a Martha Stewart fabric birdie, flowers from Prima and Paper Studio, and a then I just needed a little something fuzzy and grey to match Mr Fig so I cut out a grey felt heart and blanket stitched around it. I also used some really pretty Kreinik braid and stitched it down with sparkly Kreinik Blending Filament. If you haven't stitched with their amazing threads and things, you have to check them out.  Fig is a much much larger paper weight now but he holds the papers down so well when the window is open. :) Oh, I almost forgot - my evidence is misty stars, a bird and leaves.






4 comments:

Madeline said...

So pretty! Love the cluster of various flowers and the beautiful stitching!

Madeline said...

So pretty! Love the cluster of various flowers and the beautiful stitching!

MomOnceAgain said...

I love this page - especially the use of the die-cut flowers! It is so cheerful and happy!

Laurie Zeller said...

This is so sweet! The fuzzy gray heart that you stitched is the perfect touch!!